Who Is An Interior Designer in Nigeria? All You Need To Know
Gone are those days in Nigeria when an individual or company buys/rents a home or office, and all you needed to do is buy paint, a few furniture, rug and T.V set, set up the place and voila! the home or office is ready to be occupied by humans.
The problem with this type of interior decor was that, the house interior looked tasteless, cluttered and old. What’s worse, it’s done by an amateur.
Nowadays, a lot of Nigerians are becoming more savvy about beautiful and well-decorated homes and offices that fits a brand or the individual’s taste. This is where an interior designer comes in.
Therefore, I am going to explain the job of a professional Interior designer and decorator in Nigeria and why you should hire them.
Who Is An Interior Designer?
Interior designers are very creative, imaginative and artistic, disciplined, organized and skilled business people.
They combine knowledge with aesthetic vision. They work with clients and other design professionals to develop design solutions that are safe, functional, attractive and meet the needs of the people using the space.
What Does A Nigerian Interior Designer Do For Clients?
- They offer consulting services to clients in order to help determine project goals and objectives generating ideas for the functional and aesthetic possibilities of the space.
- They create illustrations and renderings.
- They develop documents and specifications relative to interior spaces in compliance with applicable building and safety codes.
- Allocating, organizing and arranging a space to suit its function
- Monitoring and managing construction and installation of design
- Selecting and specifying fixtures, furnishings, products, materials and colors
- Purchasing products and fixtures
- Designing and managing fabrication of custom furnishings and interior details
- Designing lighting and specifying
Designers are comfortable with spatial planning and can help design and renovate interiors, right from drawing up the initial floor plans to placing the last decorative accent. They don’t just enhance the look, they enhance the function of a room.
Whom Do Nigerian Interior Designers Work With?
Interior designers often work closely with architects and contractors to help achieve the look the client desires, whether that client is designing a residential home, an office, a hotel, or any other interior space.
I hope you learnt alot from this article? In our next article, we will be sharing the different types of Interior Designs and differences between an interior designer and interior decorator.
Sign up for our training session at [www.simplinteriors.com]