IDEAS TO GIVE YOUR OFFICE FURNITURES A PROPER MAINTENANCE
The office environment is one of the factors that determine an employee’s job performance. They feel motivated to work when they see office furniture that looks new.
Keeping a well-maintained office does not mean you have to change office furniture all the time, however. That would be too expensive and impractical. To avoid unnecessary expenditures while maintaining a working environment conducive to productivity, here are some suggestions from one of the top interior design schools in Nigeria.
Office furniture is a part of the major capital that is invested by businessmen to complete the infrastructure of their office for daily use. Your office place is where all the employees come and work together. Overtime, your office furniture’s looks worn out and less professional. In usual cases, I am contacted as an interior designer in Lagos Nigeria to manage or to replace the furniture, which means investing more capital to make your office look neat and tidy. But rather, maintaining the furniture you already have in your office will prolong its appearance and durability.
One person cannot ensure that all the furniture will look and feel brand new. It requires everybody’s effort to keep their respective desks and furniture’s clean. At Simplinteriors school of interior design and Entrepreneurship both staffs and students play a role to keep the office clean. Besides this, let’s talk a little more about the different ways to maintain your office furniture.
- While buying the furniture, consult a good interior designer/interior design company in Lagos Nigeria like Simplinterior’s & décor to get quality furniture. You need to be aware of the materials used, the quality which in turn determine the durability of the product. This is important, as it will give you a better understanding of different cleaning products which can be used to clean your office furniture.
- If you have wooden furniture in your office, then it is easier to maintain them, bearing in mind that they are dusted regularly, and if needed, they are repaired when damaged.
- As an interior designer I advice furniture’s with cloth or other fabric coverings should not be disregarded, they need to be taken out (if possible), and cleaned. You should start by vacuuming the surface of the fabric to remove dust. Then with a soap and warm water mix, gently scrub the surface. Allow the furniture to dry naturally, so that it regains its fresh look and feel.
- Every now-and-then, you should have your facility management team inspect the furniture in your office. Overtime, the screws, nuts and bolts loosen up with excess usage, and they need to be fitted back to ensure the safety of your employees.
- When it comes to desks, especially the big ones, where board meetings usually take place, you should make sure coasters and tablemats are put on it to avoid any stains and spots that food and beverages leave behind. In interior desiging, this point should always be considered in designing a meeting room like I teach my students at Simplinteriors School of Interior Design and Entrepreneurship this also.
- If you have shiny shoes but you sit on a chair with a desk that has wood pieces falling off, it doesn’t suit you well enough. Hence it’s important to consult an interior designer to know the kind of wood to use for your office desk; it is a good practice to have your furniture polished from time to time. This will maintain the professional look in your office.
Generally people hire professional cleaning service agencies, to maintain the office environment and furniture to make them last longer and look more pleasing to anybody who enters. If you have an office that is starting to look a little shabby due to the wearing out of your furniture, contact furniture experts ( Simplinteriors & Deco a top interior design company in Lagos Nigeria) who will provide you with the best solutions.
Walking into a neat office would help the overall state of mind of your employees, resulting in better performance and progress and growth of your business says Joy Ofili Yebovi an interior designer /design expert in Lagos Nigeria.
The office environment is one of the factors that determine an employee’s job performance. Staffs feel more motivated to work .
Keeping a well-maintained office does not mean you have to change office furniture all the time, however. That would be too expensive and impractical. To avoid unnecessary expenditures while maintaining a working environment conducive to productivity, here are some suggestions from a top 10 interior designer in Nigeria.
- Keep office furniture away from sunlight.Direct and extreme exposure to sunlight could result in chipped-off paints and pale varnish.
2. Use desk pads. A table with scratches looks like it has been bought a few years ago even if you only had it for months. Employees should make it a habit to wipe their desks with a smooth and clean cloth regularly. Place silicone bumpers and felt pads on glass tops to avoid scratches or breakage.
3. Do not use abrasive cleaners on leather seats. Use cleaners developed specifically for leather try home-made solutions instead of harsh chemicals.
4. Use the right cloth when cleaning wooden furniture. Use a damp cloth to wipe treated wood and dry cloth for untreated wood surfaces. When wiping, follow the direction of the wood grain.
5. Keep food away from desks. Discourage employees from eating at their desks because they might leave food stains that are difficult to remove.
6. Remove dirt or fingerprints using mild cleaning agents. Anything with harsh chemicals could damage the surface of the furniture.
7. Use vacuum cleaners for couches with fabric. If the sofas have covers, wash these covers weekly to keep them smelling and looking fresh.
8. Keep those termites away. Dust wooden furniture frequently.
9. Look for signs of rust. Clean steel cabinets with dry cloth. They can get rusty when exposed to water.
10. Regularly inspect the office. Clean the space regularly and report any damage as soon as possible.
11. Seek help from professional cleaners. They know what cleaning agents are best for every material.
12. Purchase new office furniture to replace worn out once. Some desks or tables may be beyond repair. There are outfitters that can help you overhaul the office.