One of the courses we teach at Simplinteriors School of Interior Design and Entrepreneurship is kitchen and kitchen design because we know that a kitchen is an essential part of a good home. Successful small kitchen design is space efficient and includes all the features that make a full-scale kitchen convenient: a seamless workflow, ample storage, and layered lighting.
What you need for successful small kitchen design in a nutshell:
- Space-efficient small kitchen floorplan
- A bright or light wall color
- General, task and accent lighting
- Multifunctional storage solutions
As a renowned interior designer in Lagos, Nigeria, it is important to let our students know that even a small kitchen can become the hub of your dream home, all you need is a few small kitchen design tricks and tips. Making the most of a limited space involves prioritizing, using space wisely and planning to avoid both physical and visual clutter. Now that you have the basic framework of a small kitchen design needs, let’s get into the details you can acquire in the best interior design school.
STEP 1: Get the Layout Right
First thing first, decide on a small kitchen design layout. The aim is to work with the space you have, not fight it. You may make structural changes, like removing a wall, to make more room. Often, light can make a compact space feel open and welcoming. So, instead of breaking down an entire wall, you can:
- Create a gap for an entryway or small kitchen design to pass through between load-bearing beams in an existing wall to provide openness. This kind of change can quickly transform a dark, little kitchen into a spacious kitchen that opens to the living room area and can increase the value of your home.
- Add natural light to your small kitchen design by replacing the back door with a glass door. But if this is not an option, or your budget won’t allow for it, there are other small kitchen layout tips you can try to create a successful design. All you need to know is how to arrange and organize the small kitchen, and where to put the fridge.
To be continued.
For more information on how and where to get exclusive and extensive interior design training, kindly visit the top Interior Design School in Nigeria: Simplinteriors School of Interior Design and Entrepreneurship @ 71 Falolu street off Akerele, Surulere, Lagos, Nigeria, or call us on 08123020337, 08168366771